Ms Rita Devi Mitra
Professional Certifications and Licenses
- Diploma: OneSpirit Interfaith Foundation – Interfaith Minister & Spiritual Counsellor
- Diploma: Tune-In-Institute for Time Therapy and its use in Individual and Group Therapy
- Diploma: Institute of Management – Principles and Practices of Supervision
- Diploma: National College for Teaching & Leadership (NNEB); Early Years Childcare & Education Teacher
Further Training and Experience :
Certified Grief Educator
Certified Grief Educators program designed by world-renowned grief expert, David Kessler
- Compassionate Inquiry- by Gabor Mate: CI Circle
- Healing The Mother Wound, course by Bethany Webster
- Addiction, Eating Disorders Recovery training – 12 Step Programmes
- The Bridge Retreat: Worthy – Recognising a Woman’s Worth training
- Path of Love: Intensive retreat programme
- Awakening of Love: group facilitator training
- Deepening of Love: self-worth & self-love training
- Working with People: Authentic Leadership parts 1 & 2 training
- NSPCC/ChildLine: Anger Management; Phobias & Anxiety, Disability, Bullying, Muslim Youth, Suicide Intervention
- NSPC/ChildLine: Advance Counselling Skills
- Louise Hay: Living Well: You Can Heal Your Life – Leadership training (Working directly with Louise Hay)
- Religious Science International (Jamaica): First Year Religious Science Practioner Unit One
- Middlesex Polytechnic: Psychology of the Growing Child & Adolescent
- Accredited Practitioner of Coaching
- Accredited Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Accredited Practitioner of Timelines
- Certified Public Speaker
- The Mindfulness Network /Bangor University: Teacher Training, Level 1
- Sounds True: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Ethics & Membership:
APC – Association for Professional Couching – Accredited Member; ROSIM – Register of One Spirit Interfaith Ministry ; BAATN -The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network; MNPC: Mindfulness Network for People of Colour; OneSpirit Learning Alliance: New York , USA. Grief .Com– Certified Grief Educator
Hi, I’m Rita, a professional spiritual coach, counsellor, grief educator, mindfulness guide and creator of sacred ceremonies. I have been working in the field of personal and spiritual development for over 35 years
I support and guide people across the bridge from Fear and Grief to Love 💜 In each moment we have really only two choices – the path of fear or the path of love. Simple but not always easy to make that choice especially when we are grieving .
My approach is humanistic and person centred. I offer a non-judgemental, compassionate, safe and confidential space. I endeavour to have a deep respect and understanding of your personal values, beliefs and culture. I am warm and creative . I listen deeply and bring afresh perspective to support positive growth and development in people’s lives supporting them through their grief, bereavement and loss. As David Kessler says ; ‘We need to grieve fully in order to live and love fully’.
Spiritual quite simply means, waking up. Waking up to a loving benevolent power greater than ourselves, that sustains and guides us. As a spiritual counsellor and coach I offer a space in which I guide and accompany you on your journey of self-love and self-care through this rocky terrain of grief and loss. I support you to cross the bridge from fear to love.
My ethnicity is Indian. I grew up in the UK. I have travelled extensively and lived in India and I have lived in the Caribbean for many years. I also had the privilege working with Mother Theresa and the Sisters of Light in Kolkata.
Grief.com does not pre-screen clients or grief support providers. Each patient is encouraged to do their own information gathering on therapists and/or grief educators to make sure they are a good fit. Each grief support provider must also screen each potential client to make sure they will also be a good fit. A Certified Grief Educator means that they have completed the Grief Educator program, but does not certify their competence. Grief.com in no way is responsible for the actions of clients or providers. This Directory is designed for informational purposes only.
Nothing contained herein is to be construed as a vehicle to provide medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, opinion, or treatment, nor as a substitute for medical or professional care. Grief.com is not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment or any other information or services anyone provides or obtains through this site or the practitioners listed, and does not recommend or endorse any individual practitioner, provider or business. Reliance on the information contained on this website is solely at your own risk.